2024 date TBA - If you’re looking for a fun, mainly flat, coastal course with stunning views based in the heart of The Coromandel, then you’ve come to the right place! We have an event for everyone ranging from a 5km fun run right up to the half marathon as well as the Cooks Beach Half Track and Trail 21.5km, for those that enjoy off-road or trail running.
Get your group together and choose your distance. Set a goal and race your pace:
- 21km Whitianga half marathon takes the same coastal course. Flat and fast this half is popular for those looking to achieve a personal best time.
- 21km off-road track and trail – a new and improved course after introducing it last year. Off-road, great views and some challenging aspects. The unique ferry ride remains on this course.
- 10km Challenge – the same flat and fast 10km taking in both the beach and harbour.
- 7km off-road track and trail – new to the event and great for families to experience amazing views of Mercury Bay from Shakespeare Cliff, as well as the ferry ride.
- 5km fun run – always popular with the kids and those setting out on their event journey. A great coastal course.
Bring your friends and family to enjoy a beach getaway this October. Whitianga has plenty on offer no matter what the season - escape and relax. We look forward to hosting you. Check out the new courses on the event website www.whitiangarunfest.co.nz.
Also AON's sponsorship of "Run for Good" means all Coromandel school children have free entry to the event. This creates a goal and provides inspiration to give an event a go. The schools have the details so check in with them There are 5 distances to choose from and the event date of 15 October is the last weekend of the school holidays
Please note that this is a cupless event, in consideration of environmental effects. In addition the medals this year are made from recycled rimu (no metal imports from China here) and you can also elect to donate the cost of your medal to the Purangi Conservation Trust. #forevergoodforyoursoul