good for your soul
The Coromandel good for your soul is the regional brand and tagline for The Coromandel. Geographically this includes Thames Coromandel and Hauraki Districts. Locally The Coromandel good for your soul speaks to the region’s four pillars; essentially homegrown, a simple way of life, golden heritage and where kiwis holiday.
Externally and in the visitor market its purpose is about stirring desire and stimulating action. It’s about creating a dream and converting the dream to visiting The Coromandel. It connects on an emotional level and creates a vision of the culture and ethos of The Coromandel.
Our work must live up to the brand promise and contribute to the brand value and equity. Everything associated with The Coromandel good for your soul, including imagery, messaging and content must reflect the brand pillars and ethos of The Coromandel, only then does it receive the stamp of approval - The Coromandel good for your soul logo.
The regional tourism organisation responsible for marketing The Coromandel as a visitor destination was established in 1991. Towards 2020, the founding document for the organisation, highlighted the importance of the brand as reflected in the extract below:
- The Coromandel brand and marketing should reflect the region’s commitment to sustaining the natural environment.
- All local and regional marketing should reflect The Coromandel brand, ensuring that visitors who respect the special values and experiences of The Coromandel are attracted.
- To market and manage a world-class – and thus high yield – visitor experience, The Coromandel must guarantee quality and a high level of service.
The Coromandel encompasses both the Thames-Coromandel and Hauraki Districts, from Orere Point at the top of the Seabird Coast to Orokawa Bay on the Eastern side and down to the Karangahake Gorge in the South. When referencing the region, The Coromandel is written in italics to emphasize the region as a visitor destination
Why The Coromandel
- Differentiates between the region (The Coromandel) and the town (Coromandel Town)
- Introduces and reiterates (by association) what makes the region special.
- Encapsulates the Hauraki Plains as well as the Coromandel Peninsula
The Coromandel good for your soul brand and proposition is about stirring desire and stimulating action. It’s about creating a dream and converting the dream to visiting The Coromandel.
Sign up to our NewsletterASK A LOCAL