The Coromandel Cure
Summer Recovery Campaign 2023/24
Now is the time to rebuild and bring The Coromandel back as the place Where Kiwis Holiday.
To achieve this, we must restore confidence to travel to and around the region and reinforce positive perceptions of The Coromandel to stimulate visitation during the summer of 2023/2024 and beyond.
To do this, a distinctive campaign is being developed which will cut-through the sea of advertising sameness and motivate Kiwis to visit.
With the Summer of 2023 experiencing a series of extreme weather-related events which caused road damage and associated accessibility and navigational challenges around the region, all of which resulted in significant consequences for the region, with record low spend and visitation.
Accessibility around the region for locals was also negatively impacted resulting in a prolonged reduction in intra-regional visitation and spend.
We are now at a time where The Coromandel is suffering like never before. A main arterial route is still closed 7 months on with a rebuild completion date expected March 2024. We have towns and communities who have exhausted all their resources, some businesses have closed or shuttered and without a quick recovery many businesses will close permanently.
Now is the time to rebuild and bring The Coromandel back as the place Where Kiwis Holiday. To achieve this, we must restore confidence to travel to and around the region and reinforce positive perceptions of The Coromandel to stimulate visitation leading into the 2023/2024 summer and beyond.
- Counter perceptions around poor accessibility in the wake of the weather-related events of summer of 2023
- Build momentum through the peak holiday period and boost effects into the Autumn shoulder
- Showcase the true essence of The Coromandel from a regenerative perspective that helps shape visitors' behaviour
FIND OUT HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Winter Our Way 2023 (June - August)
To change Kiwis' perceptions of The Coromandel as exclusively a summer holiday hot spot to one of Aotearoa New Zealand’s best destinations to escape the everyday and recharge the soul, any time of year.
To promote The Coromandel as the perfect getaway for personal wellness and relaxation; immerse yourself in homegrown experiences, hear local stories and try something new, while escaping everyday life and finding what is good for your soul.
The Winter our Way campaign is primarily a domestic campaign with some Australian activity, to build awareness and influence perceptions and supported by seasonal content to encourage research and conversion (bookings and travel).
- Increase visitation during winter by encouraging travel that is good for your soul
- Change the perception of The Coromandel as being solely a summer beach destination
- Encourage slow travel, that gives more than it takes
- Showcasing ease of accessibility around the Coromandel Loop while SH25A is under repair
HOW TO BE INCLUDED:
- Keep us posted on what’s happening in your towns and businesses
- Upload your events directly online https://www.thecoromandel.com/events/submit-an-event/
- Share any community campaigns
- List your business on www.thecoromandel.com and upload any deals or packages you have available. This can be done via register.newzealand.com or feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Tag @thecoromandel #goodforyoursoul on social so we can see and share your content.
- Share our content across your digital channels.
PROOF OF PLACEMENT (a selection):